Best Conditioner for Natural Hair (4C Hair)
May 21, 2019
Hair Type: 4C
Length: Bra Strap Length (BSL)
Favourite oils: Sweet Almond oil, Avocado oil
After being natural for 8 years, I finally found a deep conditioner that works for me and that I can apply quickly on each wash day. It is inexpensive and easy to make. It comprises of only natural ingredients and my hair loves it.
- Length retention: With each week, I noticed less breakage and less hair loss after each wash.
- Volume: I have noticed a little more volume over the weeks
- Moisturized hair: I have always struggled with moisturizing my hair. After 2-3 days it would generally be completely dry even when in a protective style. This conditioner keeps my hair moisturized for at least 9 days.
- Detangled hair: Because my hair is moisturized, detangling takes a lot less time during wash time.
Overall, I am very happy with this “smoothie” deep conditioner. It smells good and makes my hair happy. It has shortened my wash day in half. Let me know what you think.
- Ripe Banana x 1
- Extra Virgin Coconut oil x 2 tablespoons
- Honey x 2 tablespoons
- Aloe vera juice x 2 tablespoons
- Aloe vera leaf (optional)
- Peel the banana and split it in 2. Carefully remove all the seeds and put it in a mixer bowl.
- Add 1.5 tablespoons of coconut oil to the mixer bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of organic/ raw honey.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Aloe vera juice.
- Optionally, add the gel from an aloe vera leaf, Split an aloe vera leaf and add the gel to the mixer bowl.
- Blend the mixture at high speed until the mix is homogenous.
- Shampoo hair clean and section hair into 8 sections.
- Apply deep conditioner to each section and twist it.
- Wrap the hair with a plastic wrap or a conditioner cap for an hour.
- Rinse hair in twists using warm water.
- Untwist each section at a time while adding leave in conditioner and sweet almond oil.
- Retwist into 8 sections and let hair air dry.
- Style as usual.
- At application step 5, if you have very dry hair, add in a pinch of shea butter to each section after the sweet almond oil.
- If you have some conditioner left, you can save it for the following week by conserving it in a baggy and refrigerator.
This is by far the best conditioner for natural hair (4C hair) I have tried. Thanks for reading and let me know how this works for you.
Awesome post! Keep up the great work! 🙂
Great content! Super high-quality! Keep it up! 🙂
Essay Writing Street
Natural cosmetic products are always better because they will definitely not harm your hair and you can be sure about its quality.